Learning – Leadership – Service
Earn your RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing completely online.
Explore Our Program
Dakota Wesleyan University connects nursing professionals like you with a 100% online program that allows you to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree while maintaining your busy schedule.
Our unique digital campus experience lets you take classes on your time which means you can decide when and where to log into class, work on assignments, and connect with faculty and classmates.
DWU’s RN to B.S.N. students have the opportunity to complete a bachelor’s degree that is built upon the core values of learning, leadership, faith and service.
The program includes core nursing courses which focus on enhancing skills in leadership and management, decision-making and problem-solving, nursing research and evidence-based practice, health promotion, health assessment, service to community, an in-depth study of pharmacology, and care of families, populations and communities.
The baccalaureate program at Dakota Wesleyan University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791
The RN-B.S.N. program has been granted full approval by the South Dakota Board of Nursing, 4305 S. Louise Ave., Suite 201, Sioux Falls, SD 57106-3115, (605) 362-2760
To be eligible for admission, you must meet the following criteria:
- Active, unencumbered RN license to practice nursing in the state of residence
- An associate’s degree or diploma in nursing from an accredited nursing program
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 (conditional admit with GPA of 2.25-2.49)
These requirements must be met before students can participate in practice experiences.
- Medical information requirements for nursing students (including immunizations)
- Current CPR certification (adult, child, infant, AED)
- Completion of criminal background check